Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 1 of the 3 Day ReFresh




So I have really been on the line about this 3 day Refresh thing since Beachbody introduced it, but decided that it might be good to try after Thanksgiving. I love my Thanksgiving meal, but I know it’s really hard to stay on track as well, so it was the perfect time! If you know nothing about the 3 day refresh he is a little break down.

shakeology, 3 day refresh, beachbody, ashley may, get fit stay fit live fit, day 1General Day
  • 1.       Wake-Up: Drink 8-12 oz. of water
  • 2.       Breakfast: (within an hour of waking up)Shakeology shake plus Fruit option
  • 3.       Mid-Morning: Fiber Sweep (digestive health drink)
  • 4.       Lunch: Vanilla Fresh (high-protein, hunger-satisfying shake)
  • a.       Plus options from the Fruit, Vegetable, and Healthy Fats list
  • 5.       Afternoon Snack: From the Fruit, Vegetable, or Juice Option lists
  • 6.       Dinner: Vanilla Fresh plus a meal made from our Dinner Recipes list




Fruit Options Consist of the below:
  • ·         Apple:1/2 medium
  • ·         Apricots: 3 small or ½ cup sliced
  • ·         Banana: ½ medium
  • ·         Blackberries 2/3 cup
  • ·         Blueberries 2/3 cup
  • ·         Cantaloupe: 1 cup diced
  • ·         Cherries: 2/3 cups pitted
  • ·         Grapefuit: ½ large
  • ·         Grapes: ½ cup
  • ·         Honeydew melon: ¾ diced
  • ·         Kiwifruit: 1 fruit
  • ·         Mango: ½ cup sliced
  • ·         Orange: ½ large
  • ·         Peaches: 1 medium or ¾ cup sliced
  • ·         Pear: ½ medium
  • ·         Pineapple: ½ cup chunks
  • ·         Plums: 2 small
  • ·         Raspberries: ¾ cup
  • ·         Strawberries: 12 medium
  • ·         Watermelon: 1 cup diced

Vegetable options Consist of the below:


  • ·         Artichoke: ½ small
  • ·         Asparagus: 5 medium spears
  • ·         Beets* 1 cup sliced
  • ·         Bok choy*: 1 cup chopped
  • ·         Broccoli: ¾ cup florets
  • ·         Brussel sprouts: 2 medium
  • ·         Cabbage: ¾ cup shredded
  • ·         Carrots: ½ large or 4-5 baby carrots
  • ·         Cauliflower: ¾ cup florets
  • ·         Celery: 2 medium stalks
  • ·         Collard greens*: ¼ cup chopped
  • ·         Cucumber*: 1 cup sliced
  • ·         Eggplant*: ¾ cup cubed
  • ·         Green beans*: 12 beans
  • ·         Jicama*: 1/3 cup sliced
  • ·         Kale*: ½ cup chopped
  • ·         Lettuce*: 3 cups
  • ·         Mushrooms: 1 cup sliced
  • ·         Okra*: 4 pods
  • ·         Onions: 1/3 cup sliced
  • ·         Pepper(red)*: 1 small
  • ·         Snow peas*: 10 pods
  • ·         Spinach*: 2 cups
  • ·         Summer squash*: 1 small
  • ·         Swiss chard*: 2 cups chopped
  • ·         Tomato*: 1 medium

*Options followed by an asterisk tend to be easier to digest/low gas-producing vegetables.

Healthy Fats include:
  • ·         Hummus: 2 tbsp.
  • ·         Avocado: 2 tbsp. mashed
  • ·         Coconut oil, virgin, unrefined: 1 tsp.
  • ·         Olive, extra-virgin: 1 tsp.
  • ·         Almond butter, no sugar added: 1 ½ tsp.

I’ll post the dinner recipes in the recipe section.

So here is a little how day 1 went down.

3 day refresh, t25 workout, day 1
T25: Total Body Circuit
Morning: Woke up and had my 12 oz. of water and then my Shakeology and a cutie. At this point I am good, I usually have Shakeology anyways.

Mid-Morning: When I had my mid-morning snack (Fiber Sweep), it started off good. It tastes citrus-y. I would highly recommend drinking this fast. I took my time and by the time I got to bottom, the fiber was thickening up. The drink wasn’t bad, but just a little tip.

Lunch: The Vanilla Fresh shake was not bad either. To me, it tasted like a birthday cake…just my opinion. I had another cutie and 5 baby carrots. At this point, I was a little nervous

Afternoon snack: For my snack I had another cutie and 5 more baby carrots. It was delicious!!!

Dinner: I had another vanilla fresh shake and the asparagus meal from the dinner recipes list. I don’t know if it was the lack of food, but the asparagus was delicious!!! I ate them slowly and savored the taste.
dinner, clean eating, beachbody, asparagus, shakeology, ashley may


Overall: I also did do the T25: Total Body Circuit workout, but I followed the moderator the whole time. I didn’t want to push myself too hard with the low calorie intake. There were times when I felt a little hungry, but I would drink 8 oz. of water anytime, I felt the hunger and that did the job! Can’t wait to see my results in Day 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment