Friday, March 14, 2014

The Scale!!!!!

When I started my weight loss journey it was all about losing weight. So of course I was glued to the scale. I would weigh myself everyday sometimes three times a day. I was obsessed. The first few weeks were horrible, I gained some weight (which is normal), but I kept going, trusting in the process. Then I decided to do something. I threw my scale away!!! I know that was a little extreme, but I needed to get a new one, I had an ancient one and wanted to get a new one. So I decided to wait for a few weeks. I COULDN'T believe the difference it made in how I felt. I wasn't worried about what I weighed, instead I focused on how I felt and how my clothes begin to feel. My husband couldn't stand it any longer and so I bought a new one after a few weeks. Very nervously I stepped on the scale, I had lost weight!!!! I couldn't believe it! It felt good!
I thought once I got back the scale I would go back to my old self again, but I didn't. I really enjoyed not having it, and letting myself actually feel the changes happening and not letting a scale define my success. I started this weightloss journey to get healthy and fit. It was not about a number on a scale and I had made it that way. I had made it all about the numbers, driving me crazy.
Now I weigh myself once a week. When I'm done, I put the scale up and don't think about it until the following week. I'm less stressed and I feel like I make better choices because I'm not stressed.
Don't make it about the scale, make it about making one healthy choice after another. If you trust in the process, it will happen. You will get stronger, eating healthier will get easier, and one day you'll wake up and you'll be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment